Sunday, May 31, 2015

The main components of an airplane

In this post, I am going to introduce the main components of an airplane and their main functions.




Component 1:
The fuselage: The is the main body of the airplane, where passengers, luggage and the cockpit is located.

Component 2:
The wings: The main function of the wings is to carry the airplane in the air. Later in the blog, we will talk about how wings generate lift and how the plane is carried/lifted in the air.

Component 3:
The gears: They are divided into main gears and nose gear. The main gears are used to carry the weight of the plane on the ground and while landing. The nose gear is to steer the plane on the ground.

Component 4:
The engine: The engine is either a 4 stroke engine or a jet engine in the case of big commercial aircraft. The main function of the engine is to generate thrust and push the airplane to move forward.

Component 5:
The rudder: It is the vertical tale of the plane that is responsible for controlling the yaw and pointing the nose of the airplane to a specific direction in the air.

Component 6:
The horizontal stabilizers: The main function of the horizontal stabilizers is to control the plane's attitude in the air. They make the plane either climb or decent into the air, 

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this post. It's a topic that I normally wouldn't research on my own, yet now I can say that I have some understanding of the components of an airplane. I've learned something new today thanks to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adriana,
      I am pleased to know that this post has added to your knowledge about the subject. Please feel free to ask me any question you may have,

      Delete